A chimney fire can cause major damage to homes and homes, but also to humans and pets. The fire is often caused by poor maintenance and incorrect burning, and can often be avoided. Nevertheless, a large number of chimney fires or flares are blowing up in the chimneys every year.

Chimney fire

Chimney fire


A chimney fire can cause major damage to homes and homes, but also to humans and pets. The fire is often caused by poor maintenance and incorrect burning, and can often be avoided. Nevertheless, a lot of chimney fires or flakes are blowing up in the chimneys every year.

It happens

In a silt, tar tares accumulated on the inside of the brick fire create a nasty and rather dangerous fire with fast progress. The pillar becomes hot and high. It is obviously warmer than the construction is intended to handle, and the pillar can extend several meters above the roof of the roof, and sparks can spread over a whole breeze.

To avoid chimney fire

- Check the design of the fireplace and the smoke duct. The smoke duct should be dimensioned for the fireplace and everything must be properly built.
- Check the status of the fireplace and the smoke duct. Cracks and other defects can cause problems.
- Make sure the chimney sweeper cleans the chimney properly. He or she can also assist with the two points above.
- You can also view the budget on your own between the chimney sweep visit.
- Only use dry fire in the fireplace.

If you get a chimney fire

- Call 112 immediately! In anticipation of fire, you can act to reduce the fire.
- Close dampers and gaps that make the fire acid.
- Spray water or aim a fire extinguisher against The roof near the chimney and inside the house of fireplaces may be there.
- Do all you can to protect property inside and outside the home by moving away loose things, but beware of yourself. Do not risk your own life for a dead thing like a house. WARNING

- When burning, small particles get caught on the inside of the smoke duct. These particles form a layer of soot. Some of those particles can still be combustible. If you fire with too little air supply, it may accumulate very combustible particles that can cause it to burn in the chimney. A chimney fire can emit several meters of high flames that can spread and cause the whole house to burn. Therefore, shake the chimney regularly.


Video: Trumann FD Chimney Fire 1-Mar-15|

Share

Comments