Too low sink? In this article you will find detailed information and make it yourself instructions with explanatory photos on how to raising a low sink.
When taking over an older house, it is not uncommon for many household appliances to suddenly become obsolete. You get hurt in the back just by dusting the dinnerware or throwing a dough on the kitchen counter. The reason is that the sink and other kitchen benches are a few centimeters too low in relation to the modern standard. If the kitchen work is not going to be a problem, it's just a cure that remains to raise the benches to make them comfortable and practical to work with. A few centimeters extra can make a much greater difference than you think.
Every person is unique, which means, among other things, that we are different long. The variations between the so-called normal length are quite small, or about 25 cm. Whole 95 percent of Western people are called normallangs. Among men, the average length is 1.75 meters and among women up to 1.62 meters.
If the variations were greater, we would hardly have been able to live with so-called standard kitchen furnishings as we do. Those who for a long time are forced to work on too low dishes and dressing benches get almost no back pain. The institution which, among other things, determines such measures The Standardization Commission in Sweden, called the SIS, must also take into account that as we increase welfare, we also increase our average length.
Even before 25 years ago, the Swedish standard for bench cabinets was 0.85 meter. Today it is 0.90 meters. Should you sit and work the recommended height is 0.70 meter. Dimensions apply including plinth and countertop. Five centimeters up or down may seem indifferent, but in fact, it is quite important for our well-being. Therefore, there are good reasons to increase the work height of kitchen furnishings that have been in use for a few years.
Especially in older apartments, houses or summer cottages, the cupboards are a few inches too low for a normal-length person in today's position. Choosing a kitchen interior with a so-called continental height with free space between cabinets and ceilings or a full-height interior is often a matter of taste or fashion changes. The height of the workbenches, however, is always a matter of function.
The easiest way to raise a bench cabinet is to build on the base, but excessive sockets are quite misguided.
Arc file (1) Hand lining (2) Flat chisel (3) Stir pipe, possibly. (10) Hammers (11) Water pass (12) Fog spray (13) Spackle (14) Brush (15) Brush (15) Knife (5) Knife or fence ) Large wrench (16)
Nickel plated in suitable dimension, Nail, Thread, Seal glue, Woodsticks, Rubber bushing, Transmission coupling, T connection, Water trap, Silicone spray or detergent, Silicone, Spackle paint, Painting paint. . In our example, the cast iron pipe must be cut. Close the main crane, drain the wire and saw with arc file.
2. Loosen the water trap's nut nut with a pliers or chop with the slings and chisel jack in the nut and look it up.
3. Then loosen the entire water trap, but keep it upright so that you do not get the residual water over you.
4. Take care to clean all dirt and all waste that can be left in the tube. The best tool is a knife.
5. Break the rubber ring on the inside of the nut. Bend the nut over the container. "Plumber" the tube with a cloth.
6. Now lift the entire sink. Please take advantage of the kofoten, but still bend carefully.
7. When you are sure that the sink will release all the brackets, simply lift it.
8. On the bottom you will probably discover one and another nail. Bit of them with a whip or a bite.
9. Measure the full length of the sink. Cut a heel in this measure, in the appropriate width and at the right height for the bench.
10. Glue all the rules that the leak will rest on. Put it in place and nail. The leak should not stand against the wall!
11. Also measure the length of the gantry piece a piece on each side and cut off the same size dimension.
12. Do not miss the short pieces of paper you have space for at the cabinet walls, which provide a back support for the sink.
Fit the sink
2. After any adjustments, lift off the counterplate again and apply a so-called sizing adhesive to the heel with a fog sprayer.
3. Now put on the sink. Tighten it with wooden pieces until the glue has dried. Protect the plate and cabinet.
4. So to the final "plumbing". Start by inserting a rubber bush into the cut cast iron pipe.
5. Screw the transverse coupling on the washbasins: nut, slit tray, rubber gasket and connector.
6. Once this is done, you can also tighten the T-connection on the transition switch.
7. Also measure the length of the water lock. Here you can end up in the situation that you have to cut. Then use the arch file.
8. Before attaching the water trap, lubricate the rubber stopper and the detergent or silicone spray lock.
9. Release the water. Try cranes and joints so that they are tight. Stretch possibly. Dense bench and wall with silicone.
10. For practical and aesthetic reasons, you should flush and grind all joints. Then you can paint the heel or the whole front.