It may feel a bit annoying the first time you replace a broken window pane. You may be pulling the mission when you see all dangerous, sharp edges. But when the premiere is over, you're sure it's not that hard. And best of all, you've saved many beautiful slings!
It's easy happened that a window in the house breaks. It is only necessary to open your crossings a little unexpectedly and forget to block some of the windows, so the accident can be over. The easiest way to get an entire box is, of course, to leave the window of a glass master. However, that road is not always the fastest.
If you are careful when measuring the size of the box and working calmly and methodically, this work is neither complicated nor time consuming. If it's the first time you do the job, you'll still make sure you have plenty of time. It is very important that you measure the window size carefully. Make sure there is one to one and a half millimeters of space between the window and the socket in the window sill. If it gets too crowded there, you get a tension in the glass and the box can break. When working in glass there is a risk of glass splitting. Therefore work with protective gloves and preferably with safety goggles.
Do not think you save time leaving the window frame in the frame while changing the box. It's just an unnecessary risk moment to work so. Rather lower the window so that you can work comfortably. Also, if the window is down, you will not be able to drop the box before attaching it properly with the pin. Before you can put in the new glass, you need to clean the socket well. It's not just the old box to be removed but also the pins and all old kittens.
It's not quite easy to get it really nice when you're kidding a window for the first time, but you'll learn very quickly. Keeping the kit "handwashed" makes it easier to shape. Is the kit cold cracking or crushing easily. On the other hand, do not let the kittens become too thorough and warm, then you can stick. This can be done. When the glass is properly seated, the kit must have plenty of time to dry. When it's really dry, you can paint the kittens and the work is done.
Kitt consisting of boiled and raw linseed oil and chopped chalk is the most common variety when kittens windows. This kit is available, but you can also buy it directly from the glass master. When processing linseed cheeses, it may sometimes be too loose. It contains too much linseed oil. Bring the kit into a piece of newsprint and knead the package for a while. The excess of linseed oil is sucked up by the paper and the kittens become firmer.
A disadvantage of linoljekitt is that the birds think it's very good. This may cause some concern if you are wrong. A tip if you get many bird visits. Tape a little thin aluminum foil on the box while the kettle dries. When the foil rages and shines, the birds keep at the correct distance. There are also other kinds of kittens, including a highly elastic acrylic shot. This is sold on tub and printed with glue gun.
Glass cutter (1) Glass mast hammers (2) Mast iron (3) Hovtång (4)
Staple wire (8) Glass window, Window kite, Primer, Turpentine, Tray, Slippery.
2. Buy home box, peg and pin.
3. Protect the floor under the window with paper or plastic.
4. Check that the new box fits the bow.
5. Create an empty jar to insert the glass shades.
Remove the broken box
2. Be careful when dividing the windows so that you do not damage the wood. Old dried colors can make them stuck together. Keep in mind that there may be leftovers of the broken box in the gap.
3. Now you should wear protective gloves before continuing your work. Cut a zipper around the entire box with the glass cutter. Cut at the edge a few centimeters from the kittfals.
4. Tap from the back of the window loose the glass bit by piece. Always use a pen or glass mast hammer and tap carefully.
5. Carefully remove all the shards Put them in a cardboard or sheet jar, so the risk is not so great that anyone is hurting them.
6. Cuts regularly around the glass edge that remains in the bow. Cutting perpendicular to the socket makes it easier to break the glass.
7. Use the hammer and gently tap the back of the window. Most of the glass leftovers fall off. Use goggles.
8. The remaining pieces of glass will loosen you with a hoist. Cut the pieces as close to the socket as possible without damaging the wood. Then you get all the glass pieces.
Make the socket clean
2. Pull all old pins out of the socket. Use the earpiece. Examine the window arc carefully so that you have not missed a pin before moving on to the next moment.
3. Clean the socket with a release paper. There should be no litter left when finished. The fake should be completely smooth and smooth.
4. Brush away all dust with a brush. It is important that the fake is completely clean and free of dust before painting it.
5. Use a round brush and apply the primer to the base. Let it dry properly.
Put a new glass box
2. Put a thin kitten string in the front edge of the socket. Print the kit bit by piece using the thumb. This is called kittbädd and helps keep the box more stable in the fold.
3. Smooth to the edge with the cutter knife. If the kit has become too clever you can dip the blade into cold water before flattening to the surface. Then the mass will not cling to the knife.
4. Put the new box in place. Make sure that the box has a 1½ mm moving joint, which is required to prevent high tension in the glass.
5. Gently push the window glass against the pillow bed. Work along the glass edge, around the entire window. The box should lay evenly on the kit. Excess dirt takes you away after you have re-enrolled.
6. Attach the box to the socket with a pin. Put a cardboard board against the glass as a protection when stuck the pins. Place them at about 20 mm intervals. Make sure they are not too long, then they can be difficult to cover with kittens.
7. Add a new layer of kitt, this time outside the box. The kit should form the oblique edge between the glass and the socket. It should also conceal the pins and prevent moisture and water from penetrating the wood.
8. Dip the knife in cold water and straighten out the kit evenly. Be careful in the corners so that they become straight and stylish. Then cut the kitten edge to make it straight and even.
9. Now wipe away any splashes of dirt from the glass. Use a clean cloth, dampened in turpentine. Let the kit dry it may take several days before painting.
10. Put masking tape straight under the entire box. Paint kittens and glass edge. Remove the tape by
1 day after painting.
If you have to cut the box, place it on a resilient surface, otherwise the glass may break easily. A thin blanket on the work table gives the required failure. Use the glass cutter and, with the ruler as a support, make a score from one edge of the box to the other. Place a wooden table under the glass plate, edge to edge with the zipper. Press gently, simultaneously on both sides of the slit, so that the glass is broken. If it's just a narrow strip to be removed, it's easier to use a hoist and carefully cut off piece by piece.