Water leaks in the ceiling? This article provides tips on what to consider when the roof leaking.
When the damage has already occurred and the roof drains water in the dwelling, you should act quickly to prevent further destruction. You should also be aware of minor changes as well, by regularly reviewing. If you do a review every spring and autumn, and additionally an extra check for severe storms, you reduce the risk of acute roof leakage significantly. Use a flashlight and inspect the inside of the roof. If moisture penetrates below the ceiling, you can usually detect moisture marks on the inside of the roof. The damage is not always in the same place as these marks, but it is often detected slightly above the top.
You should be particularly careful when looking around the chimney or in the area around skylights and pipes. At the joint that always gets between the house and any additions, the roof is always significantly weaker. This is due, among other things, to the fact that the new and old house body is different. These "contradictions" lead many times to tensions and then cracks.
When checking the roof from the outside it is important to check that all the tiles are all and are right. If you have a cardboard box, you should be extra observant if the folder begins to loosen in a joint. Correct the damage immediately with cardboard nails and asphalt adhesive. If you have a secluded vacation home, it's good to be prepared for a roof leak. For example, have waterproof sealant, asphalt adhesive, heavy plastic foil and / or self-adhesive cardboard in the "warehouse". Then you can quickly and relatively easily give a leaking roof "first aid".
Moisture damage is complex and difficult to derive and requires specialist skills.
1. Place a bucket under the leak.
2. Wipe up the water that has run on the floor , walls and bohag.
3. Remove carpets, furniture etc. that can damage moisture and moisture.
4. Locate the leak. If there is wind or cry space between the inner and outer roofs you may detect damage from within. Search otherwise from outside.
5. As leakage is usually detected during rain, you may. Cover the roof with a tarpaulin if you have access to it. Then repair when the weather permits.
6. Call and report the damage to your insurance company. If you need emergency assistance outside of office hours, call 112.
7. If the leak has caused damage to your house and property, you should photograph the damage before starting to clear and repair. Note that date, time, weather and other notes such as
may be valuable when filling in your claim.
1.Use the roof inside and / or outside to locate injury. Release the area.
2.Create the damage with, for example, a pair of plastic bags or even more self-adhesive roofing paper, if available.
3.Plast the plastic well with a sheet of paper.
4.Silicone or other resilient sealing compound can also provide temporary protection against penetrating water.
5. Replace the roof tiles over the warehouse and make sure they are located completely.
6. If the cover is to be well protected, it should be placed over the roof rack so that water can not creep.
7.Sure or nail the large fabric well so that the wind can not wipe the guard and cause other damage.
Avoid climbing on the roof alone if there is a storm. A powerful wind turbine can easily roll the ladder or even worse get you out of balance so you fall down. Do not try to get the roof under a tarpaulin during stormy weather. The wind easily takes the big fabric and the consequences can be very serious. Instead, protect the bohag that may be damaged by the water until the wind is moistened and you can stop water flow without risk.
Use a well-secured safety line when performing the roofing work. There is always a risk of losing the footsteps, but the danger is greater after a heavy storm. If leakage occurred on eg tile roof due to Damage to storm winds, it is important to check the roof tiles extra carefully. More roof tiles than you think may be unstable.
New material regulations, rules, recommendations and working methods are constantly coming. Therefore, always check the current rules with the current professional organization / professional before starting.